Direct sales gets a bad rap.
They really do. There are amazing business models out there and when someone truly decides to do the business and embrace the process, true financial gain and change can happen.
So why do it?
I believe people long for freedom. Freedom from schedule. Freedom from management. Freedom financially. How many people truly dream of a world where they can work when they want and around their family's schedule? How many people want car payments? How many people want all expense paid vacations? How many people want to be able to comfortably afford a little extra in life?
But you have to do some work.
I believe people sign up with direct sales companies because they feel it is the vehicle to help get them their freedom. But that passion can quickly die due to fear, dislike for the products/company, a poor understanding of business, and lack of family support.
So how can you be different?
Here are three ways to make direct sales work for you.
- Do your research. Not all direct sales companies are created equally. There are some important questions you should ask yourself, your future upline, and even the company itself before you get started.
- How is the quality of the product? If it is a product you ingest, has it been tested for safety? Have there been product recalls or lawsuits? Will the company stand behind their products with money back guarantees?
- How long has the company been in business? Yes, start up companies might be great to get in at the beginning, but you also risk how long they will last. Direct sales companies start and stop every day.
- How is the integrity of the company? Does the company do the right thing or are they more concerned about making a buck? Do they put people ahead of business?
- Find a product line and business that you love. Yes, LOVE. If you aren't in love with the products and business, how are you going to get people to join you? Your passion for your business is going to shine through to others so make sure you are picking something that you feel truly makes a difference.
- Understand that it is work. In order to achieve any substantial income or reward, some effort is going to have to be put into your business. The more concentrated effort you put into your business, the more profitable business it will be. If you treat it like a hobby, it will pay you like a hobby. Treat it like the job you want to have, well, then the sky is the limit.
I'm not saying that the company that I am involved in is right for you. It is for me and my family and I wouldn't trade it for anything. And if you are interested in learning more about the path we are on, you can fill out the form below. I'd be happy to talk to you about our business further and see if it fits your passion and how we can make some of your freedoms come true.