I have been thinking a lot about my pregnancy routine this time around and wanted to share some of the amazing supplements that I use during this time. I'm constantly learning more about Shaklee's nutritional programs and I am already preparing myself with some recovery items as well. I neglected this part last time because I didn't even realize I should use some of this stuff and I am excited to see how I will benefit this time around! That might have to be another post! Recovery... Ugh. I'm still having flashbacks...
Not only has my supplement routine changed dramatically but I rarely drink soda these days compared to several a day back with my first pregnancy. I always drink enough water. My fruit and vegetable intake is much higher now too. Quality supplements are important but never replace a good diet! We need all the nutrition we can get!
1. Vitalizer I started taking Vitalizer when I was pregnant with my son in 2012. I was about 6 months pregnant at that time when I switched. I was amazed at how much better I felt within two weeks of switching brands. It was like a fog was lifted and I had more energy. The more I learn about Vitalizer and how the vitamins truly break down and absorb in our bodies, it has been worth every penny! To top it off, my seasonal allergies have almost completely disappeared by staying on the Vitalizer! If I skip a few days, I notice my energy slipping and my allergies return. I know that my baby gets all the benefit from this product while I'm pregnant and nursing. Plus, I know my vitamins are safe thanks to Shaklee's stringent quality practices. Look what it contains!
2. Omega Guard Brain development is important. Our babies brains are growing the most from conception to age FIVE! Making sure they have good nutritional support to help them develop is worth the investment to me. We are normally advised to take additional EPA/DHA when pregnant so I add in Omega Guard to my routine. This helped tremendously after my first child was born with that "mommy brain" too. Now, my son takes Mighty Smarts daily too.
3. B Complex I added B Complex to my current pregnancy. I did not take it in 2012 but have found it extremely beneficial this time around. The B Complex has additional folic acid. Plus B Complex in the afternoon gives me an additional energy boost--which is great when I am chasing a toddler around! B Complex also helps me when I feel more moody than usual.
4. Chewable Cal Mag This is another product I added this time around! We have this on hand because my son takes these chewables at night to help him sleep. It helps with restless legs, growing pains, calms you down, and even heartburn! I've been using it for any heartburn relief that I need. I'll occassionally catch my hubby chewing a few before bed because he sleeps better when he takes it. Great for the whole family!
5. Osteomatrix I also started adding this into my routine this time around. Don't let the name fool you that it should only be consumed by those with osteoporosis concerns. This product helps us with calcium intake. I don't drink nearly as much milk today as I did in 2012 so adding this in has given me and baby that additional calcium that we need.
6. Life Shake I start every morning with a Life Shake. I trust these shakes for myself and my baby because all Shaklee products are tested for potency, purity, and performance. They go beyond organic and even test each ingredient, not just the final product. No artificial flavors, colors, preservatives this protein is low glycemic so it helps maintain good blood sugar levels, which is important so you don't become pre-diabetic with pregnancy! It helps curb sugar cravings and keeps me full much longer. Consuming good protein in the morning also gives your body the ability to absorb nutrients better throughout the day. We have been out of protein for almost a week and you can tell it is getting to the both of us! My hubby drinks it every morning too.
7. Performance Hydration Drink My final must have this pregnancy has been Shaklee Performance Hydration Drink. If you're preggo you know that drinking lots of water is a must but sometimes water gets boring and I'd like an alternative. Since I've almost completely cut out soda (I cave every now and then), I needed to find a beverage that I could enjoy and not worry about what was in it. I like giving it to my son on those hot outdoor days and my hubby takes some with him when he goes to play basketball.
Please note that the things I take are based off my personal use and discussion with my physician. I am not a doctor but these are my stories and what works for me. I have to share because I feel such an amazing difference and I know these products are safe.
There is a difference. At Shaklee, we're about health and prevention. Learn more about Shaklee's 60-year commitment to safe, green products that work, from our chief scientist.
There are many different options with Shaklee. You don't have to do as much as I do! I'd be happy to talk to you about the different regimens that would fit your budget. Fill out the form below to learn more!