I used to LOVE a long island tea in the summer but since giving up soda that means my beloved drink went with it. But fear not! This summer I have created a delicious soda free concoction that I love!! I am sure some other kitchen guru has created this but this all came from my brain. I didn't look this up so I'm calling it mine.
Introducing the Raspberry Lime Twist!
AKA Mommy's After Bedtime Drink
What you'll need...
- A drink shaker with muddler and strainer
- 1/2 C fresh raspberries
- 1/6th of a lime (or so)
- 2oz Orange Liqueur
- 2oz Malibu
- Raspberry Lime Sparkling Water (I use Ice Mountain and get it at Target)
How to make it...
- Muddle 1/2 C of raspberries at bottom of shaker (I keep it super classy and use an ice cream scoop to mush them up)
- Squeeze lime juice (The 1/6th of a lime was a super scientific guess of how much to use)
- Add orange liquer and Malibu
- Add ice
- Shake it
- Strain it over a glass filled with ice
- Add sparkling water (about 4oz)
- Garnish with lime (optional)
Yes it is messy to make (or maybe I'm just mess) but it is so good! I can't wait to be enjoying this poolside over the 4th of July! Or later tonight...